Saturday, October 06, 2007

My Werewolf


OK, so I have been sucked into the world of Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight series. And yes just like everyone says they are addicting. I feel like such a horrible wife and mother, my house has been neglected, Coytt has been watching way too much TV, and even while I feed Dalon I can't put them down. I am a slow reader so it takes me awhile to finish one, but they are still hard to put down. I just finished New Moon and am a little way into Eclipse. Now last night at around 11:45pm as I was still up reading I had an epiphany. See I found myself rooting for Jacob over Edward throughout the whole book. Actually I have been having a hard time even picturing Edward in my mind or even liking him throughout the books. Anyway I found myself wanting Bella to fall for Jacob and forget about Edward. I know they love each other, and it is a deep love, but I just couldn't picture Edward being better than Jacob. So as I pondered this and finally finished New Moon and put Eclipse down, I went to do the one thing that truly comforts me and helps me sleep. I snuggled up next to my husband whose body heat is always so warm I hardly need blankets at night. He is so warm it soothes my aching muscles and I never need a heating pad. Anyway, that is when it hit me. I like Jacob because I married a werewolf and not a vampire. Ok to those of you who haven't read the books this means nothing to you, and I am sorry for the freakish post. Anyway, as I thought about why it is so easy to like Jacob better than Edward it is becuase it has been hard for me to picture an atractive pale guy with light eyes and bronze hair. But when it comes to dark skin, hair, and eyes I am tongue tied. And Edward's cold dead body ewwww I don't care how buff he is. I'm not saying I married a monster (for those of you who are completely confused) I am just saying that as far as my "type" I prefer werewolf to vampire. So this morning I told Mark he was my werewolf and he just looked at me like I was crazy...I wonder why? I am wondering if anyone else has done this. Rooted for the guy they "married" or have always been more atracted too, not just because Edward is the hero or Romeo, but because they truly can see themselves falling for him.

I know weird post, but hopefully you have read the books and understand my weirdness.

6 comments:

kh said...

Ahhh, I love it! I totally get it. You have a point with the "warmness" thing. Trying to cuddle with someone cold would get old. I too married a warewolf.

I havne't even read Eclipse yet and there it sits on my shelf! I am a loser! :0)

Creative Corner said...

Oh Mo! Congrats. I am sorry I am such a blog slug lately! How exciting and congradulations on your new little one! He is so handsome and I dont think that much of newborns! How exciting and how are you handling your first few weeks, I am sure better than I did! How neat! I hope to see him sooner than later.

Secondly...hmmm I wonder if that is why I am torn between the two. I do have to admit much of Edward is Dallas, but I do love the safe, warm, growing old together with Jacob. So I was torn right through but I ALWAYS enjoy talking to people who read those books. I think I am somewhat obsessed I know. What kind of void do I have in my life! I have now read them all the way through twice and want to do it again! I AM CRAZY!

I think you will love Eclipse too. Keep posting so I can see your little ones!

P.S. Does your husband still want to start vinyl? Wholesale banners is a place I just found and they have pretty awesome deals. but I can give you all the stores I go to too! Laters

Koi said...

I'm with you Monette. I totally started rooting for Jacob. He makes Bella laugh and My hubby makes me laugh. Plus, she won't have to change who she is to be with Jacob. I'll take personality over looks any day. I married a guy who is a werewolf too, in more ways that one. He's always scruffy!

Julie said...

Haha, totally cracking up at your post because I know the obsession. Funny thing is, I would say that I probably vote for Edward all the way, because Butch is my Edward. I guess I root for him because I would give up any and everything for him.. and so much of him, is Edward to me. So I have an Edward and choose him! HEhe, I feel like I am about the only one though these days.

Lucia said...

I'm sorry I didn't read the books, but I was very entertained by your post. I just wanted to let you know I've made my blog private, so if you're still interested in viewing it. e-mail me and i'll send you an invite.

Debbi said...

Ok, I am so glad you left a comment on Kristans blog! I love this post that you have too! My friends think that I'm looney, but there has to be something about a love that you can marry, have kids with and grow old together - right?! I think that the only way I would be slightly happy with the ending of these books is if Edward finds a way to become human (and stops being so posessive!)