Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rome and Paris

Sculpture of John the Baptist's Head on a platter (The Louvre Paris)
My favorite sculpture in the Louvre. It is Cupid and Psyche, this is just before Cupid Kisses her and brings her back to life after being killed by the beauty vapors in a vase given to her by Aphrodite. Read the myth it is a pretty neat story.
The Dying Slave, Michaelangelo sculpted this at the age of 28.
THE MONA LISA (Paris)Please ignore the bandana, I had to throw my mousse away in Rome becuase the airline didn't allow our toiletries bag on the plane because it was too heavy.
Venus Di Milo At the Louvre in Paris
Columns in the Louvre in Paris
Fountains in Rome at night.
The Colosseum at night. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Can I just tell you I am soo jealous! I studied most of the art and architecture over there and I want to go soooo bad! So glad you got to do something so wonderful! Nothing like seeing history in real life!

Anonymous said...

In this moment, I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

In this moment, I am so jealous.

*Katie May* said...

how fun!