Saturday, June 28, 2008

mmmm fruit

So today was bountiful basket Saturday. We are members of a co-op and every other Saturday we get a basket full of fresh fruits and veggies. It it $15 and we get at least $50 worth of fruits and veggies. This being my first Saturday off work in months I thought it would be a good idea to ride the bike and bike trailer to the neighborhood across the street and pickup the basket. Well let me tell you don't let the word morning fool you. It is still schorching HOT here even at 7:30am. Needless to say I came back a sweaty gross mess, but was very excited about the basket. We never know what we are going to get, so it is like Christmas every other weekend. After breakfast (thanks Mark) I went to shower and get ready to take the boys to go see the new Pixar movie Wall-E. It was ok I guess not near as funny as Cars or as exciting as Nemo, but it was still good. After the movie we came home and the boys laid down to take a nap. I went upstairs to do my homework when it hit me that we had fruit downstairs. I went to look for something yummy to eat and saw this
Mark had arranged the fruit so pretty I couldn't resist taking a picture. I probably would have just thrown it into the bowl or refridgerator, but he carefully placed each fruit so perfectly in the bowl. Thanks to him we now have a beautiful edible display in our kitchen.

3 comments:

Charlynn said...

Yummy! Yeah for bike rides and exercise. I admire you for going out and doing things in the heat. I enjoy the summertime, but I don't like the heat.

*Katie May* said...

Looks super yummy!

Brandis said...

I got up and ran at 5 yesterday morning and by the time I got home at 6, it was already hot & sticky. Kudos to you on toughing it out & riding the bike to get the food. :) Great minds think alike though, I tossed all mine in the drawer in the fridge. :)