Thursday, July 12, 2007

...and the Dr. Said

Well I went to the Dr. today and it was a pretty eventful visit. I had my glucose test and that went fine, except my iron is low so they did a full blood test to measure my blood count more completely. Baisically I need more green veggies and iron suplements for now until the results come back and the Dr. knows more. Next we of course checked the heartbeat and like always Dalon kicked hard enough that the doppler lifted off my belly. Dr. Kimbro laughed and looked pretty surprised to see such a strong kicker. After everything checked out ok with the heartbeat we discussed whether I should have another C-section or not, and we decided that I should. Mainly becuase the reason I had one with Coytt is becuase he didn't progress, and since I did actually push and he still didn't progress she said that this baby probably wouldn't either. Baisically I can't push babies out on my own so surgery is pretty much necessary. So we scheduled the C-section for September 26th. I can't believe it is only 11 weeks away. I told Dr. Kimbro about the contractions and she checked me and it turns out I do need to take it easy becuase I am 50% effaced and his head is down. She is running some tests to see if any of the labor hormones are present and when we get those results she will let me know what action to take. For now she just said to take it easy and not push myself too hard. That's all for now. We are excited to have an actual date and that the baby is doing well and growing properly. We will keep ya'll posted.

5 comments:

Creative Corner said...

That is too crazy and soo cool. Just moments away. hehee. I know when I was about eight weeks from my due date I wanted to go that day! Good luck and keep us posted

*Amy * said...

Congrats Monette, I hope all goes well. My first was a c-section and any other babies I have will be repeat c-sections so I hear you on that. Take care!!

kh said...

That's great news! I was so worried about you! Please take it easy, even if it is boring, take this time to just relax and enjoy your "one child" as your life will get crazy enough when Dalon comes, as you well know. Yeah Sept 26th, that's right around the corner!

Do you still want book recommendations?

Brooke Brooks said...

Its so nice knowing the date. Its makes things so much easier. But I'm glad you are doing better. Make sure you get lots of rest!

Jamielynn said...

HOW SCARY!! YOU BE CAREFUL GIRL. DONT HAVE THAT BABY EARLY I PROMISE IT IS SO SCARY. HOPE EVERYTHING KEEPS GOING GOOD. WE WILL PRAY FOR YOU!!